Ron Olsen wrote:
> I found out the info by downloading the LMS 7.9.0 .deb package and
> examining its contents, then looking at /etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver
> and /etc/default/logitechmediaserver. These files may be difficult to
> understand if you don't have Linux shell script knowledge.
Thanks.

If I hadn't seen a hint of the option somewhere I would have had no idea
that this was a possibility.  The changelog for 7.9 only says a facility
has been added, not how to enable it.  There doesn't seem to be a public
definition of the command line options for starting LMS - or have I
missed it?

Once I knew the option was possible I might eventually (one day ...)
have worked out the right way to do it :)

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp (Beta - derived from squeezelite) to
Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC and Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Squeezelite
to PC sound.  Minimserver (server) and upplay (control point) to same
amps & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Meridian USB Explorer DAC from PCs
to speakers/headphones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls
LMS/upplay via Firefox.   Have a Touch with EDO, and a spare, but don't
use.