Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi GeeJay,
>
> A fresh install should just work (analog out) IF you are using wired
> Ethernet and have a DHCP server (probably on your router).
>
> LMS should see piCorePlayer in less than a minute. Check that LMS can
> see it, then test with headphones in the analog socket. It should appear
> in iPeng as well.
>
> regards
> Greg

Well, I figured out my first mistake was not 'burning' the .img file
onto my memory card.  I found some instruction on how to do that in OS
X, but I've been unsuccessful.  When I use Disk Utility to do this, I
get an error that says "Restore Failure - Could not validate source -
Invalid argument".

After further reading on Apple forums, I've found this to be a common
issue, but I still can't find a set of instructions that a non-geek like
me can understand.  Help!

2-SB3s, 1-Duet, 1-Touch.  Mac Mini as a server (OS X Yosemite).  iPeng
is my controller of choice.  LMS 7.8.1