Power Supply does matter, but PiCorePlayer hardly puts any stress on the
CPU of the Pi, so there is no need for that much power. As long as your
phone-charger can manage a stable 700mah you should be fine.
SD Card is not a big deal for PiCorePlayer either, because it runs from
RAM. 256MB should be fine too.
Grtting HDMI audio or USB audio to work flawlessly is sometimes a bit
tricky. Like I said, those "blips" you're hearing were due to the Alsa
settings in my original setup. With Hifiberry Dac/Digi/Amp all those
problems go away.
As long as your LMS device can handle the streams and you have enough
Internet/Ethernet/WiFi power everything can be made to work. USB sound
is the biggest hassle, followed by HDMI and then Hifiberry, which just
works once you've connected it.