Hi,

As I continue to test Picoreplayer (19i) with various DACs I am
uncovering a few issues.

When I was trying to get audio working with my Benchmark DAC2 HGC, I
couldn't get any sound until after searching I determined that
Picoreplayer was only seeing the HGC as a UAC1-16bit device. I then
determined that the HGC allowed me to force the USB port into UAC2 mode.
After that I could set up Picoreplayer to be bit perfect at all sample
rates.

My current problem is that with the Emotiva XMC-1 I can only get usable
sound in 16 bit mode ( -a 80:4:16: ) even though it is a 192k/24b UAC2
capable device. Currently, I have asked Emotiva on their forum if a
switch could be added in their setup firmware to be able to force the
UAC2 mode like the HGC has? It might be a long shot?

Otherwise, is there any future possibility that the Alsa drivers in
Picoreplayer would be able to properly understand DACs like these and
force into UAC2 mode for bit perfect playback?

Another solution would be to use HDMI, but as I and others have reported
there seems to be a distortion issue when using HDMI in 19i.

Thanks as always to everyone.

-CB