DJanGo wrote:
> hmm why didnt you use the localplayer plugin?

What localplayer plugin ???? where do I find that ? Not that I think
I'll use it I have a working solution

DJanGo wrote:
> Well no - you didnt need -s to code it hard (unless LMS is started
> before squeezelite) which is solved by using localplayer.....

With SPMax2Play it doesn't allow you to specify order start up (or the
consequences of either), but which script should I edit to change the
order ? (this is hardly user friendly and departs from the MAX2Play
ethos

DJanGo wrote:
> Maybe you didnt change the hostname in the setup?
>
> A real  /etc/hosts looks like:
> 127.0.0.1"tab"localhost
> 127.0.0.1"tab"hostname

Yes it does, and I'd used the setup options on BOTH SPMax2Play AND sudo
raspi-config and NEITHER corrected the hosts file, so I did it manually.
Subsequent reading up on it and apparently the loop back address is NOT
just one address but allows a whole host (pun intended) of addresses.

Are you a Dentist and are you unchained ??? :cool: