Squeezed_Rotel wrote:
> Hello, I'm running a RPI B+ with piCorePlayer v1.22_RPi and  Squeezelite
> v1.8-668 installed. All is working fine. When I select Ralphy's ffmpeg
> version and save, the pCP main page gui still says "Ralphy's Basic
> Version". Is Ralphy's Basic version 1.8-668? What is the version number
> for ffmpeg?
> I'm trying to use the -V PCM feature and from my previous experience (a
> year or so ago), one had to use Ralphy's version to use hardware volume
> control for iQaudio Pi amp+.
> TIA,
> John
>
> EDIT: Oh, ok, now I see the version number is correct and does in fact
> change when saved (-658/-668), the web gui just indicates the basic
> version, which should read "Ralphy's ffmpeg"

Hi Squeezed_Rotel,

Yeah, we don't keep track of which version of Squeezelite you have
loaded in the pulldown. :mad:

I think both versions have the -V option. In [Beta] mode, click on
[Diagnostics] then look at "[ INFO ] Squeezelite help" (4th textbox
down).

We have dropped Triode's latest compiled version of squeezelite and just
use Ralphy's 2 versions.

regards
Greg