Hi Clive,

thanks for your reply!
I thought more about modifying the squeezelite code to tell the LMS
about the volume changes of the Alsa-Mixer-Device that is connected to
squeezelite with the "-V" parameter on startup, rather than changing the
way the rotary encoder is applying updates on the volume. So maybe more
like squeezelite is announcing its player name and other settings to the
LMS (a similar call when the volume of the Alsa-Mixer changes should be
fine). The IR module in squeezelite seems to control the LMS directly -
my bad choosing this example...

Yes - I am the developer of Max2Play, which offers a free web interface
(framework) and customized Raspberry Pi and ODROID images. The main
parts like the Audioplayer-Setup (squeezelite, shairport),
LMS-Installer, Kodi-Setup and customized options for dedicated DACs are
free to use and to share (see Website/Github). Main goal of Max2Play is
to make this great software (squeezebox technology) usable for a bigger
audience by offering simple installers and complete setups. There are
also other addons (e.g. 1-click-setup accesspoint, connect bluethooth
speakers,...) and the email/forum-support that is not free.

To answer you question: A user asked about this feature. If there is a
way to build it (most likely with your or Ralphys help), it will be part
of the free software, and I would be happy to see it becoming a part of
the squeezelite code as this seems to me like a good idea (for all
projects using squeezelite) - what do you think?

@DJanGo: well - a mousewheel is a solution - although it's not the
prettiest one ;)

2 x Max2Play on ODROID U2/U3 with LMS, Squeezelite, Shairport, XBMC
1 x Squeezebox Receiver
1 x Denon 1713 AVR + Nubert 5.1 System
iPeng

Max2Play Webinterface and SD-Image: http://www.max2play.com/