Ok.  Gave this a try and...well...after removing and reinstalling LMS I
do indeed see and can install the triode app.  I can also now play
Spotify and hear the music.  But the sound is faint and severely
distorted.  Interestingly, if I uninstall the triode app and go back to
the Logitech app, it too now works, but with the same severely distorted
sound.  A bit more testing reveals that all music, including all my ALAC
and MP3 files which played fine before are now playing with the same
distortion.  It's the same with or without the flac.tcz installed.  Not
sure if this is the new LMS or something else.  Anyway, it does look
like the Spotify issue may now be solved, but I now have these serious
sound issues.  It's always possible I messed something up so I'll keep
trying.  Maybe I need to wipe the SD card and start from scratch.