magictedddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our player gets no IP with 3 USB Dongles
>
> 2 like this one
>
> Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0bda:8176 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188CUS
> 802.11n
> and
> Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0bda:8172 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8191SU
> 802.11n
> I see the DHCP request and offer
>
> A 3rd Stick is working but is sometimes stuttering an needs to be
> replaced
>
> Bus 003 Device 005: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370
> Wireless Adapter
>
> WLan works fine the AP is near by on free channel, DHCP works fine.
> On my Win7 PC all the USB Dongles are working fine with the DHCP server
> of pfSense.
> Is this a known issue?
>
> -teddy

Hi teddy,

I use 0bda:8176 and a 148f:5370 all the time. These are a development
RPi and main testing RPi in my system. No major problem.

wifi is never prefect. I keep an eye on the neighbours to try an avoid
the channels they are using. My microwave oven also interferes with one
of them.

Use [Wifi] > [Diagnotics] to get all the wifi stastics. Once you visit
this page a wifi log will also be generated. [Wifi] > [Diagnotics] >
[Logs]

Main things I look for are signal quality, signal strength, dropped
packets (<10%) and the channels used by other wifi ap nearby.

Driver develop seems to favour Windows. Often manufacturers release a
newer version of their wifi adaptors and change the chipset. They are
often still marketed as the same device. They will release a new driver
that probably works on Windows but the Linux version is non-existent or
buggy.

I hope you only have one wifi adaptor plugged in at once. Also, you need
to reboot with the wifi adaptor installed to ensue all the software is
loaded.

regards
Greg