Hi There, a while ago I tried using an older version of piCorePlayer as
well as Volumio 1.55 on a Raspberry Pi B+ to drive a friend's Playback
Designs MPD-3 DAC with no luck.  Both generated mostly static noise.
Recently I tried the RC of Volumio 2 and it worked fine, but
piCorePlayer 2.05 still has the same static/clicks.

I know that all Playback Designs USB DACs require some USB audio patches
which are in linux/sound/usb/quirks.c, and I'm guessing the recent
kernel that Volumio 2 uses has a recent version of the quirks file.  Any
idea if this file is included in Microcore, and if so, what version?  I
can't think of any other reason why the MPD-3 DAC isn't working on
piCorePlayer.