huxmut wrote:
> i had a recent beta kodi playing dts-hd-ma in bit perfect a while back
> (yamaha avr). so YMMV

I should probably be more clear: I was unable to get bit-perfect via
HDMI with Squeezelite, whether it was piCorePlayer or Max2Play.

I can get some version of bit-perfect with Kodi and HDMI, but I have
exactly the same intermittent dropout issue as daftykins is having.  I
may well have had that issue with Squeezelite as well, but I didn't use
it with HDMI long enough to find out.  Once I found it wouldn't work
with DTS, I switched to S/PDIF.

Allegedly an Oppo 103 is arriving today.  I'm curious if plugging the Pi
into its HDMI input will result in better behavior.