feeder6 wrote:
> Thank you for the answer. I read so much about AC-3 and DTS. What about
> "normal" multichannel flac files? For example 92/24 bit. Are they also
> supportet?

You can send 2-channel FLAC through S/PDIF up to 24bit/96kHz.  I believe
greater than 24bit/96kHz is not -officially- supported, but it's always
worked for me with the exception of a single optical cable that maxed
out at 176.4kHz.

Greater than 2-channel FLAC won't work with the Squeezebox system,
unfortunately, even when the player has HDMI output.  I wish!  In
theory, a cheap Pi could be used with Kodi, but my luck has been less
than stellar.