Greg Erskine wrote:
> Hi M-H;
>
> Nice post. I think this was edwardthern's original intention, give it a
> go. It is simple to do, only takes a few minutes and there is no $$$
> cost.
>
> I do think edwardthern was a little harshly done by in this thread and
> unfortunately that provoked a "reaction".
>
> One thing I can't understand, if people find a tweak marginally improves
> the sound quality why don't they try doing the opposite and make it
> sound far worse. That would prove to me that something is happening. For
> example, lets assume reducing CPU usage from 1% to 0.5% improves sound
> quality, then conversely, increasing CPU usage from 1% to 50% should
> cause a major degradation in sound quality!
>
> I do find commercial products based on voodoo immoral, maybe if people
> experimented with "free" voodoo they would be less likely to be conned?
>
> regards
> Greg

Our friend Archimago tried just that in his blog a while ago, he loaded
some computer close to 100% while putting  out audio to a DAC or the
motherboards own audio chip . The DAC performed to spec until the system
become overwhelmed and you get buffering and breakups , no sliding scale
of subtle sound degradation depending on load . It worked until it
didn't.

http://archimago.blogspot.se/2013/03/measurements-hunt-for-load-induced.html

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )