Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but did read o lot of useful stuff here :o

Not sure if I am in the right thread to post this, if not, please
forgive me and point me to the right direction :rolleyes:

I encounter a very strange problem with my RPI3 / PicorePlayer 3.02 /
Ian's FIFO II kit / AK4495SEQ DIY built dac
Started with version 2.x on a RPI2B and it worked flawlessly (I2S
generic setting as audio device).
Since upgrading to RPI3 I noticed that sometimes the FIFO II kit
couldn't lock onto some samplerates.
Behaviour was very wierd since this didn't happen all the time.

For now I experience troubles with playback 96kHz files. All other
samplerates do work, including DSD256 and PCM 384kHz.
If looking at the FIFO II board you can see if buffer is empty (red led)
or if it's ok (green led).
The led switches immediately to red when playing a 96kHz file, and back
to green if switching to another samplerate.

Yesterday I looked at audio device settings and saw that the device was
set at "Analog Audio", while hardwarecard was set as rpisndhifiberry
I switched audio device to I2S: generic hifiberrydac+ (pro), which I
think is the apropiate driver to use, and from that moment on I
couldn't
get ANY samplerate to lock. Buffer on FIFO II stayed empty.

Switching back to analog audio didn't do the trick, even when putting
the correct soundcard within alsa.
I needed to reflash image on microsd to get it to work again. Very
strange behaviour.

I really am lost, I'm out of options since I tried a lot since all this
happened.

Maybe one of you guys have any clue on how this can happen, and how to
fix this?

Any help is appreciated a lot!!!

Alex