Grumpy Bob wrote:
> I think you need to say which radio station(s) are affected, and how
> you're accessing them through LMS. There's a very active set of threads
> on the 3rd Party Software forum about BBC streams, for example. I
> occasionally get BBC streams dropping, but I suspect the BBC's stream is
> the problem rather than my LMS.

The BBC stream issue is related to using the BBCiPlayer playing chunked
http streams with a Windows based LMS and where the player needs
transcoding. AFAIK picoplayer has AAC and so there is no transcoding
unless the user has changed LMS settings.

The OP needs to providemore details on
- LMS platform
- whether Pi is connected using wireless or not and if wireless is it
using on board wifi on a Pi3
- what stream is being played and is it many streams or just one
specific one.
- what sort of "cut out" - is it a stall where audio has silence
inserted into stream but no audio is actually lost or is it a case of
audio is being lost and silence replaced the audio.

Only with the above info will it make it possible to decide which
logging to enable to diagnose the issue.