daytripper wrote:
> Works..! I hope it remains stable...
>
> Thanks so much for all your help. A couple of final questions -
> 1. Is the web front-end the only way to control the server on my
> dedicated machine..? The Windows version has an LMS manager access from
> the Taskbar in the bottom right...
> 2. Can I take iTunes playlists (on another machine) and copy them onto
> the Lubuntu LMS machine? Where do they live in iTunes..?
> 3. Can you recommend good power settings so I can shut the lid of the
> netbook and keep it running..?
>
> But the thing is working!!! T H A N K   Y O U   a l l   v e r y   m u c
> h   f o r   y o u r   h e l p
>
> Apologies for my Linux stupidity and I really appreciate your patience!
>
> Ironically, I have to shut it down as the fan on the netbook is a little
> noisy and we have a visitor in the spare room tonight...:rolleyes:

All needed settings are in the web-UI .

The win settings app only adds a few things like "run as a service"
that's irrelevant in Linux as it always runs a "service" daemon with its
own user ( you figure when file permissions gets you ) and always
autostart so you don't need tray to do that.
Tray icon in windows also contains a web browser link to loclahost aka
127.0.0.1 but just make our own bookmark.

And the win control panel also have "clear cache" but you can just go to
the cache folder and delete stuff yourself .

I probably missed a few things

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )