Works..! I hope it remains stable...

Thanks so much for all your help. A couple of final questions -
1. Is the web front-end the only way to control the server on my
dedicated machine..? The Windows version has an LMS manager access from
the Taskbar in the bottom right...
2. Can I take iTunes playlists (on another machine) and copy them onto
the Lubuntu LMS machine? Where do they live in iTunes..?

But the thing is working!!! T H A N K   Y O U   a l l   v e r y   m u c
h   f o r   y o u r   h e l p

Apologies for my Linux stupidity and I really appreciate your patience!

Ironically, I have to shut it down as the fan on the netbook is a little
noisy and we have a visitor in the spare room tonight...:rolleyes: