I'm running PiCorePlayer as my LMS and have a 1.5TB HDD attached via
USB, and its working well.  However, my CD ripping system is on a
windows machine, so I need to get my FLAC files from the windows machine
to the PiCorePlayer RPi - and its not visible on the network, so I
assume SAMBA isn't running, or installed.

I don't know where to start - I can use putty, if someone can give me a
blow-by-blow account of how to do this, assuming its possible.  I should
have enough space on my SD card as its a 32GB card.

I've seen some SAMBA files in the repository via the web interface, do I
just install those and re-boot?  I don't want to break things as all the
family are about at the moment and are using the system, so I'll be
really unpopular if I cut off everyone's music!