Posting here as I was told this is likely to be a squeezelite issue.

Posted this topic originally, but will summarize here.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106717-Issue-streaming-VoiceRSS-mp3-content-to-piCorePlayer

I'm modifying the openHAB SqueezeBox binding to integrate spoken
notifications into Squeezebox players
(http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindi...ox/readme.html) in the openHAB2
home automation platform (http://www.openhab.org/). I've run into a
problem with the piCorePlayer that I'm not seeing with SqueezePlay,
and/or other Squeezebox devices, such a Receivers, Booms, etc.

The idea is that the openHAB system will generate a spoken notification
that will be streamed to a Squeezebox player. openHAB uses a variety of
TTS services to generate the speech content (MaryTTS, VoiceRSS, etc.).
I'm currently using VoiceRSS. openHAB is configured to use 44kHz 16 bit
mono sampling from VoiceRSS.

Here's a high-level view of how a notification works. A Squeezebox
player is configured in openHAB to receive TTS notifications. The
openHAB TTS functionality does a transaction with VoiceRSS to get the
mp3 content, then exposes that mp3 content with a local URL that's
served up by the openHAB built in web server. The Squeezebox binding in
openHAB pauses the player, adds the URL to the squeezebox player's
playlist, plays the notification playlist entry, then deletes the
notification playlist entry.

This works well when using Squeezebox devices (Receivers, Booms, etc.),
as well as SqueezePlay running on Windows or Mac systems. However, when
using squeezelite on piCorePlayer, the notification is not playing.

Here are the versions in use:
- piCorePlayer version 3.02
- SqueezeLite v1.8.5-823
- HiFiBerry DAC+ Light (problem also occurs with analog outputs)
- LMS version 7.9.0 - 1483028105 @ Thu Dec 29 17:25:39 UTC 2016

I built squeezelite version 1.5 following these steps.

> mkdir squeezelite-1.5; cd squeezelite-1.5
> git clone https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite.git
> cd squeezelite
> git reset --hard d6b564624fc838cfb3d458662d2cf240ed540fb2
> make -f Makefile.resample

I built the squeezelite version 1.8 following these steps.

> mkdir squeezelite-1.8; cd squeezelite-1.8
> git clone https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite.git
> cd squeezelite
> make -f Makefile.resample
> I built it on my Intel workstation running Ubuntu 16.04. Hopefully, I
> did this correctly. Should I have built it using Makefile.resample in
> both cases?

VoiceRSS mp3 file is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwmcwu6ccTd_M0d0Vk1waVMwbUk/view

Attaching 2 sdebug captures, one from v1.8 and one from v1.5. I don't
see any errors, but logs clearly differ starting after these lines.

> [11:34:31.468100] process_strm:269 strm command u
> [11:34:31.468105] process_strm:329 unpause at: 0 now: 220893022
> [11:34:31.468110] sendSTAT:160 ms_played: 0
> [11:34:31.468114] sendSTAT:184 STAT: STMr

Any help getting this sorted out is much appreciated.

1.5 sdebug
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwm...ew?usp=sharing

1.8 sdebug
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwm...ew?usp=sharing