mhilbush wrote:
> I built a few more older versions and ran some tests.  Not sure if this
> is on the right track or not.
>
> This commit looks like it's working correctly.
> https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/commit/b79ac7c8bc288e78b58ac789c70dd02f12c21c10
>
> But then the commit immediately following the above commit seems to
> introduce the behavior I was seeing in 1.8.
> https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/commit/a4dfd1e54ed19632e9f0473a10d426939b4239e3
>
> Is it possible that there's an edge case or timing issue that's not
> being handled correctly?

I'll preface this by saying that I don't know the code at all...  But,
just a guess.  Since it's such a small mp3 file (about 17k) that fits
into a single buffer, could it be that the stream is being disconnected
(stream_state == DISCONNECT) more quickly than with a larger file,
causing the decoder never to be put into the DECODE_RUNNING state (i.e.
stream_state is never STREAMING_FILE or STREAMING_HTTP)?