Handojim wrote:
> Hi,
> These are the details I've entered:
>
> >   >   >
  - Mount Point: /mnt/usb (I've assumed I can enter whatever I like
  > into this field and PCP will create a new mount point with this
  > name)
  - Server IP address: the internal LAN IP address of my router
  > (192.168.1.1)
  - Server share: vodafone (the router is a Vodafone Connect VDSL
  > router (a re-branded Huawei box I believe) which makes the contents
  > of the USB drive available to the network via SMB. When I access it
  > (using a laptop running Linux Mint) the address in the File Browser
  > address bar is "smb://vodafone/a/". I've tried putting just the 'a'
  > in as well but this didn't work either.)
  - Share Type: CIFS (I've also tried this with the NFS option and
  > entered "vodafone/a" into the server name field but no joy there
  > either)
  - username: blank (I'm not prompted to enter a username when I
  > access the files on the laptop so I'm guessing the router allows
  > anonymous access)
  - password: blank (as above)

Try putting guest in the options field.