Are they playing synchronised to the SB Touch ?
I find some weirdness that's hard to replicate consistantly, but seems
to occur if i make the Touch the 'master'. if i start a stream or
playlist on one of the Pi's and then sync the Touch to them, it appears
to be fairly seamless ..
Not 100% sure it's not wifi issues on the pi3 causing me grief. I'm a
bit time poor at the moment to really lock it down. for now i'm happy
with my pi3 closer to the router and use it to let the others sync to
it.

rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 +
HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |