Hi all,
I am new here in this forum and I have searched many many times.
I have now running a piCorePlayer with for instances and a suitable
/etc/asound.conf to switch from one player to another with a logilink
7.1USB soundcard.
My outputs have names stereofront, stereocenter, stereosurround and
stereoback.

Now a want to use the equalizer and I have searched for a solution and
have read ALSA docs.
After installing equalizer over the web frontend in piCorePlayer the
output of my 1st instance is fixed to "equal".

Therefore I have extended my /etc/asound.conf to the following, but I
can hear no sound.
Can anyone help me with the settings?

##        stereofront        = the FRONT labeled green jack

##        stereosurround    = the SURROUND labeled black jack

##        stereocenter    = the CENTER / BASS labeled yellow jack

##         stereoback        = the BACK labeled black jack

##        stereoall        = all stereo outputs

##

##        for up to eight mono output channels use:

##

##        monofrontl        = the FRONT labeled green jack - tip

##        monofrontr        = the FRONT labeled green jack - ring

##        monosurroundl    = the SUROUND labeled black jack - tip

##        monosurroundr    = the SUROUND labeled black jack - ring

##        monocenterl     = the CENTER / BASS labeled yellow jack    -
tip
##        monocenterr     = the CENTER / BASS labeled yellow jack    -
ring
##         monobackl        = the BACK labeled black jack - tip

##         monobackr        = the BACK labeled black jack - ring

pcm.logilink {        # alias for our sound card
type hw            # must be hw in our case
card 1            # check your correct card number by typing
device 0        # 'aplay -l' in your terminal
}                    # the 1st usb card on the Raspi shows as
# card 1: Device [USB Sound Device], device 0: USB
Audio [USB Audio]

ctl.logilink {
type hw
card 1
device 0
}

pcm.dmixer {
type dmix
ipc_key 1024            # must be unique number on your system
ipc_perm 0666            # neccesary for normal user to have access
slave.pcm "logilink"
slave {
period_time 0
period_size 1024
buffer_size 4096
rate 44100
channels 8
}
bindings {
0 0
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
}

}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

ctl.equal {
type equal
}

pcm.equalizer {
type equal
slave.pcm "stereofront"
}

pcm.equal {
type plug
slave.pcm "equalizer"
}

pcm.stereofront {
type plug
slave {
pcm "dmixer"
channels 8
}
ttable.0.0 1
ttable.1.1 1
}

pcm.stereocenter {
type plug
slave {
pcm "dmixer"
channels 8
}
ttable.0.2 1
ttable.1.3 1
}

pcm.stereoback {
type plug
slave {
pcm "dmixer"
channels 8
}
ttable.0.4 1
ttable.1.5 1
}

pcm.stereosurround {
type plug
slave {
pcm "dmixer"
channels 8
}
ttable.0.6 1
ttable.1.7 1
}

pcm.stereoall {
type plug
slave {
pcm "dmixer"
channels 8
}
ttable.0.0 1    # input left and right to all 4 l+r outputs
ttable.1.1 1
ttable.0.2 1
ttable.1.3 1
ttable.0.4 1
ttable.1.5 1
ttable.0.6 1
ttable.1.7 1
}
pcm.monofrontl {
type route
slave {
pcm "dmixer"
channels 8
}
ttable.0.0 1 # in-channel 0, out-channel 0, 100% volume
ttable.1.0 1 # in-channel 1, out-channel 0, 100% volume
}

pcm.monofrontr {
type route
slave {