mkt wrote:
> There is a loud pop (makes me afraid for my poor speakers!) when I go
> from a track with a higher bitrate to one with a lower one. For
> instance, from 24/96 flac to 24/48 or 16/44. No pops when going from
> lower to higher bit rate.
> I'm using piccoreplayer 3.20 and the Hifiberry DAC+ setting.
>
> Any suggestions? Drivers? Settings? It's really awful.
>
> I saw a similar question here
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107223-Announce-piCorePlayer-3-20-Beta&p=880311&viewfull=1#post880311
> but different DAC (?) and didn't see the solution.
>
> Thanks!

I've never heard of this from a Hifiberry Dac+.   (This is my daily
driver dac)  The post was referencing the Allo Boss Dac, there was a
driver issue, that was fixed in the final release of pCP.   You can try
what ralphy mentioned in the post following the above reference
post.....but I suspect this is a different issue.

One thing you can do is to upsample everything to your highest bitrate.

22782

|Filename: Screenshot from 2017-05-28 13-07-32.png                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22782|