dsdreamer wrote:
> You're welcome!
>
> Just so that this thread can be more useful to any others who want to
> follow this method, I retraced my steps from a new install of Ubuntu
> 16.04.3 LTS on an odroidc2 to LMS installed and running. Here they are:

Great stuff, thanks so much! A couple things, though:

1. Am I mis-remembering, or does git also have to be explicitly
installed?

2. When I attempted to put the steps for the helper binaries into a
script, the wavpack step failed. I believe the initial cd step should
just be
    cd ../wavpack
--------------------
.

Would running the entire process from the top be the correct way to
update to the latest nightly?

Also curious if the same steps would work on a C2 running Debian. It's
not my computer and not in my house, so I don't know the exact OS
details and understand if there's no way you can answer that. Just
wondering if I could script all this stuff and send it to a friend.

Thank you again for doing this! I was a programmer for decades but my
specialty was SAS and JCL on the mainframe. So I find myself in the
annoying position of having a head full of lots computer/programming
knowledge with almost none of it being relevant here.