paul- wrote:
> Remove lirc from the web interface, then goto the extension page from
> the main menu.   Set the repository to piCorePlayer Sourceforge.   Then
> select pcp-lirc from the Available extensions, and press load.
>
> This will download the lirc package, but leave the lirc stuff off in
> pCP.  You can then manually do what you want.
>
> Other option is to manually edit.
> /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg
>
> Set IR_LIRC="no"
>
> Then run
> pcp bu
>
> to backup settings.

Hi

Unfortunately neither of those options worked for me. I removed lirc
from the web interface, went to install the pcp-lirc package and it
says:

pcp-lirc is already downloaded.

I try and install it and nothing happens. Checked after a reboot too.

Reinstalled LIRC from the web interface and confirmed it all working
again then  set IR_LIRC="no" /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg, saved, rebooted
but it seems to disable LIRC and all associated programs completely
after a reboot - I can't run irexec or irw to check remote is working.

Is it impossible to edit /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite to stop
squeezelite loading the LIRC parameter?

Many thanks