spt58 wrote:
> Hi
>
> Unfortunately neither of those options worked for me. I removed lirc
> from the web interface, went to install the pcp-lirc package and it
> says:
>
> pcp-lirc is already downloaded.
>
> I try and install it and nothing happens. Checked after a reboot too.
>
> Reinstalled LIRC from the web interface and confirmed it all working
> again then  set IR_LIRC="no" /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg, saved, rebooted
> but it seems to disable LIRC and all associated programs completely
> after a reboot - I can't run irexec or irw to check remote is working.
>
> Is it impossible to edit /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite to stop
> squeezelite loading the LIRC parameter?
>
> Many thanks

Did you remember to backup when you changed IR_LIRC="no"   If you did
not backup, then the changes were not saved.   The OS runs in RAM, all
changes need to be backed up.

Do you need lircd running?  If you do you will need to make a script to
start it.  As it will not start with IR_LIRC="no"

  if [ "$IR_LIRC" = "yes" ]; then
        if [ "$JIVELITE" = "yes" ]; then
                echo -n "${BLUE}Starting lirc with Jivelite support...
${NORMAL}"
                /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/${IR_DEVICE}
--log=/var/log/pcp_lirc.log --uinput
        else
                echo -n "${BLUE}Starting lirc... ${NORMAL}"
                /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/${IR_DEVICE}
--log=/var/log/pcp_lirc.log
        fi
        echo "${GREEN}Done.${NORMAL}"
  fi

No the init scripts are not editable, they are part of a extension
package now.