I can live with this, but it is perplexing to me. Everything is the same
as it has been for about a year. Same RPI running piCorePlayer, hooked
to the same monitor using the HDMI output and using the same
router/access point. About a week ago I went to use it and it seemed
frozen. I tried to reboot and the wifi came up, but could not find the
access point. I brought it upstairs and tried it. It worked fine.

I then changed access points/routers. Started it up. No problem. Took it
back downstairs and had the same problem. Eventually, I decided to try
it without the monitor hooked up and it works fine. I thought maybe it
needed a better power supply because of the HDMI, although I'm pretty
sure the HDMI is powered by the TV. Anyway, that didn't work either.

I then wiped it and started again, which took several days thanks to
Souceforge :-) Tried it again...same behavior. I did try it with a
different monitor using the HDMI output and it worked fine. I am
scratching my head and don't know exactly where else to look.

In a nut shell, everything loads normally, WiFi comes up and starts
looking for the access point. It goes through the three tries and never
connects. If I boot it and turn the monitor off before it gets tot he
third try,or any point before that, it boots fine and connects to WiFi.

As I said, not a big deal, just perplexing.

Using all of the latest software on a original RPI Bwith a HiFiBerry RCA
DAC attached.

Thanks again,

Howard

Can I go home now?