Thanks guys for the update it looks like you have made some great
improvements but I am struggling to get it to work on my RPI3.
Previously I was running PCP 3.22 Audio with an Allo Digione, LMS with a
USB SSD mounted and SAMBA to allow me to synch the SSD with my NAS.

The in-situ update from 3.22 Audio to 3.5.0 Audio failed so I flashed
the SD-card (2GB) and got the PCP main page via the normal IP address
and could set-up Squeezelite for my DigiOne.  However, at various stages
in the set-up of LMS it looses the connection (forcing the DHCP to be
off made no difference).  This seems to happen in several
circumstances:
1. When expanding the SD card volume to install LMS.  Instead of "full
card" which failed, I chose 1000MB which worked (usually but not
always).
2. If I turn the on-board wifi off (I am using a wired connection)
3. If I try to install Samba (this was after LMS was installed and the
volume expanded)
3. After rebooting PCP after selecting DigiOne (this only happened after
I had installed LMS, otherwise it would work)

Sometimes after these events I can ping the RPI3, others not, but the
web page fails to come up.  Powering down and rebooting makes no
difference so I have to re-flash the card and start all over again.