Hi everybody,
I'm trying to integrate a basic (radio) remote control into my system
for muting and volume change.
I use thd (triggerhappy) and the LMS CLI commands.
Basically, the triggerhappy conf file has this structure:

    KEY_NAME 1 command_to_be_executed
--------------------

For example, to mute/unmute the player manually from the command line, I
can use either

    echo -e "MyPlayerName mixer muting\nexit\n" | nc localhost 9090
--------------------

or, in a telnet session

    MyPlayerName mixer muting
--------------------

However, if I put

    echo -e "MyPlayerName mixer muting\nexit\n" | nc localhost 9090
--------------------

into my triggerhappy conf file, the command isn't executed.

As a workaround, I put the commands into individual script files that
are called from my triggerhappy conf file,
for example

    #!/bin/bash
  telnet localhost 9090  <<EOF
  MyPlayerName mixer muting
  exit
  EOF
--------------------

called from

    KEY_MUTE    1       /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d/mute.sh
--------------------

This works nicely, however, I feel that this is not the elegant way...
Could sb point me to the way to integrate the commands directly into the
triggerhappy conf? I feel that it might have to do with user rights, but
my Linux skills are still insufficient. The triggerhappy conf says:
> # The Triggerhappy daemon (thd) drops its root privileges after
> # startup and becomes "nobody". If you want it to retain its root
> # status (e.g. to run commands only accessible to the system user),
> # uncomment the following line or specifiy the user option yourself:
> #

Thanks for your help!
Martin

PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin