ralphy wrote:
> Setting the Max sample rate to 96000 on the squeezelite settings page
> will cause LMS to downsample on-the-fly all content with a higher sample
> rate.
>
> 25171
>
> This is equivalent to adding -r 96000 to the squeezelite command line.
>
> Make sure not to have any values in the Upsample setting as this causes
> squeezelite to do resampling, not LMS.

Hi Ralphy,

many thanks! That is what I tried first and trying to play a 192/24 file
resulted in "unsupported sample rate" error. At that point I thought
that was because I left the upsample setting empty.

Meanwhile I have tried this:

max sample rate: "44100,48000,88200,96000"
upsample setting: "E"

This setting works after I cleared the "Restrict codec setting" which
was filled with "pcm,alac,mp3" before in order to have LMS send out PCM.
Probably your suggestion would have worked too if I had cleared that
setting before.
Is my setting in effect any different from your suggested setting? Or is
my setting now resampling on pCP client instead of LMS server?
Resampling on LMS server would of course be preferable.

Best regards
Stefan