totoroBounced wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> I'm considering retiring my Linux server for a piCore player with LMS
> instead.
>
> To do this I'll need to move around 200 Gigs. My thoughts are to get an
> external USB drive, attach it to the Ubuntu box, copy everything, and
> then re-attach it to my pCore player. My concern right now is about file
> systems and mounting on the piCore.
>
> Is there a recommended file system that would work on both? How hard is
> it to mount a new drive on the piCore?
>
> Best,

Make sure you are using a separately powered USB hard disk, or at least
a Powered USB hub.  pCP runs a Linux OS as well, just about any format
that works on your current machine will be fine.  Ext3/4 would work
nicely on both.   Mounting options are right on the LMS page in
pCP.....just plug in the drive, and reload the web page.  There will be
permissions issues once you move the drive to pCP, but there is a button
to set the permissions on the drive.

https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_add_usb_hdd.shtml

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer