--------------------

> and then set MonoOutput as the device name in Output in Squeezelite
> settings.  You can also replace "hw:1,0" with something like
> "hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry" to make it more explicit I think.
>
> @Greg, thanks for your help and understand this was done a while ago.
> BTW, I'm not sure that the equal setting asound.conf will always work.
> It looks like it hard codes "plughw:1,0" as the slave device.  If so,
> that works when we're using applying the equaliser to the second card
> (e.g. DAC etc.)  but if you happened to use a different device (e.g.
> the built in audio), it won't do anything.  Could we maybe create an
> asound.conf which contained the devices for Mono, Left, Default and
> equal, add a dropdown to the Squeezelite settings page to select which
> profile to use and then do a find/replace on asound.conf when you
> change the output device.  Maybe add a "custom" option to just allow
> for manual editing of asound.conf if you want to get clever and do
> your own thing.  The current setup is a bit confusing IMHO.  I'll have
> a fiddle with this tomorrow.

Okay, thanks, working now! :D

settings below:

25695

25696

|Filename: mono04.jpg                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25696|

*Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 -* Pi3B+/pCP 4.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry
DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a
USB stick (formatted ntfs).
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 4.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/pCP 4.0.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
*Garage* - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 4.0.0 > Edifier R980T
*In car* - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on
a 2TB USB drive)
*Spares* - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom