jamesarbrown wrote:
> I am new to this, but it took me a lot of guessing to get PCP to work
> with Lirc_rpi until getting some mode2 data.
>
> In the end I found this in config.txt
> dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=25
>
> Which for me I had wired a TSOP4838 to GPIO18 (PCM_Clk)
>
> But this did not work
> dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=12 (Based on
> https://elinux.org/RPi_Low-level_peripherals#Model_A.2B.2C_B.2B_and_B2)
>
> But this did work
> dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=18
>
> I suspect the GPIO address is direct?
>
> Just for those coming fresh.... maybe a hint on web end when you install
> to dump out the SD card?
> And also... from what I see nearly all hardware examples on web are
> GPIO18, not sure therefore if 25 is common or not... or for another Pi?
>
> Mine was a Pi3
>
> JB

You don't need to do anything in config.txt, its all done for you in the
config page for lirc in the pCP GUI

Common configs can conflict with DAC cards. Its best to stick to the
defualt GPIO25 (Pin 22)

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly
FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS