AlecSp wrote:
> I think I'm right in saying that piCorePlayer appears to run NTP only on
> boot.
>
> I had a problem recently with LMS and the BBCiPlayer not listing
> programmes, which appeared to be down to the time on my Pi drifting off
> after a long uptime.
>
> Would it be possible to enable NTP time synchronisation in piCorePlayer?
> If this is not considered a universally desirable configuration, then
> it could perhaps be offered as an option in Tweaks?

hi AlecSp,

/usr/bin/getTime.sh is a the standard piCore script that gets run during
the boot process to set the time. Let's use that by setting a cron job.

Go to the Tweaks page, [Tweaks] > [Schedule CRON jobs], and add a
"Custom Cron command". Remember to [Save].

2 * * * * /usr/bin/getTime.sh

This will run getTime.sh every 2 minutes. Good for testing. :D

Reboot to start cron. On piCorePlayer, crond is NOT running by default.

For testing set time to 00:00:00
$ sudo date -s 00:00:00
$ date

After about 2 minutes the date should be reset to the correct time.

Once you are happy it works, change "Custom Cron command" to this:

0 0 * * * /usr/bin/getTime.sh

This runs the script once at 24:00

    #-------------------------------------------Schedule CRON
jobs---------------------------
  #
  #        *    *    *    *    *    command to be executed
  #        -    -    -    -    -
  #        |    |    |    |    |
  #        |    |    |    |    +--- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0)
  #        |    |    +------------- day of month (1 - 31)
  #

regards
Greg