Sorry to bring this to the surface again. Can anyone offer help how to
install iptables?

Presumably it's available as a package from Tiny Core -> piCore. Is
there a simple command that installs iptables?

Next about the configuration, I'm far from an expert, never done this
before. Would this make sense?

> # Allow any connection from this host.
> iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
> # Allow any connection from the local network.
> iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
> # Allow all broadcast traffic.
> iptables -A INPUT -m pkttype --pkt-type broadcast -j ACCEPT

Will such an installation be erased when updating piCorePlayer ...
meaning I'll have to reinstall ?

/Claus