Because of a problem with my main LMS server unit, I built a pi-3B+
running picoreplayer (ver 4.1.0). I have attached a USB 3 portable
drive. I have about 100,000 tracks, mostly FLAC, some mp3 or m4a. Mostly
16/44.1 files with a handful of 24/96 files.

My observation is that the pi does a great job running LMS. No problem
with serving files, including to two or three synched players.  I
expected this part would be fine.  I assumed that the browsing and
searching would be very slow. But for browsing I find it very snappy
(within album artist or within album, for example). And even searching
seems relatively fast.  This surprises me.

Great job! (2nd donation just made).  Am I just lucky or can this little
pi really function well as a server with a 100k+ library.  (I recall
starting my squeezebox journey with squeezeserver running on a ReadyNas
Duo (v1) and it was painful to browse on even a 40k library).

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify