--------------------

> I did a hotfix just for good measure, but it made no difference.
>
> The footer reports: piCorePlayer v4.1.1 | linux 4.14.81-pcpCore |
> piCore v9.2pCP
>
> Getting the same error on a 3B+.  Any ideas what might be causing it?

The official tinycore site does have the kernel modules for pcp.
Install the ipv6 extension from the picoreplayer repository and then you
should be able to install vorbis-tools from tinycore.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.