Greg Erskine wrote:
> slave.pcm "hw:0.0" ??? Typo???

Yes, I changed to

    slave.pcm "hw:0,0"
--------------------

Then saved via sudo filetool.sh -b

Now I can get a stream, on smplayer or a web browser, but there is some
breakup, unlike when I use wavinput on the same setup

I tried a few things:
- Set levels with alsamixer (I needed to reduce down to -15dB, same as
before with wavinput to avoid clipping in the sound card input)
- Overclock (only a pi 1), but makes no difference. CPU as measured by
top is only around 15%.
- Tried using both FLAC and MP3, both about the same, FLAC maybe a bit
better.
- Stopping Squeezelite to reduce USB bus load (only a USB1 bus) - but no
noticeable difference.

Any suggestions? How can I edit the script in /usr/local/bin to test to
some other settings for SOX perhaps ?

Thanks