keynet wrote:
> OK, I must have totally the wrong end of the stick. The hostname or IP
> would make no difference to a connected device, only maybe to LMS - I'm
> trying to stream to a browser or media player like SMplayer or VLC. So a
> screenshot looks like this - the browser recognises a stream, but
> nothing plays
> As I say, sounds like I have the wrong idea - so perhaps you can explain
> from first principles what the streamer is supposed to do ?

Connect an analog audio source to you input device, in your case the
hifiberry DAC+ADC.   Streamer will read from that jack, and create an
icy stream via http.   VLC works just fine.   The IP address in the URL
is the pCP with the hifiberry or other input device.

27736

What I would do is open an ssh session on your pcp device and watch the
log while you are trying

tail -f /var/log/pcp_streamer.log

|Filename: Screenshot from 2019-07-21 17-42-28.png                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27736|

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer