pputzer wrote:
> One command that squeezelite does not support is the undocumented *blst*
> frame that triggers the IR blaster functionality in the original
> hardware. This is what the IRBlaster plugin uses, for example. One can
> work around this by listening to server events and configuring the
> commands on the client (e.g. using 'my little python daemon'
> (https://github.com/mundschenk-at/squeezebox-ir-events), or something
> similar).

Not sure if this helps ... but ... SqueezePlay support blst

  function blastIRTask( self, irstr)
        local cmd = "cd /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/fab4-ir/0-0047; "
        cmd = cmd .. "echo \"" .. irstr .. "\" > ir_blaster; "
        cmd = cmd .. "echo 1 > ir_blaster; "
        os.execute( cmd)
  end

So might be straight-forward to include something similar in SqueezeLite
... perhaps it could invoke a script and let the user make the script
work with their IR sender.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin