Hi there.

JustFYI. I brought up the linear volume control issue some time back.

I completely rewrote (for myself) the linear volume control for external
audio devices,
replacing the old stuff from squeezelite. I'm running it for a couple of
months now.

The VC now follows a simple logarithmic curve and is giving me a
1dB/click change.
I tested it on several RPI HAT DACs that I have around here.

What a nice and never known experience. ;)
The volume gets nicely and consistent up&down and at e.g. 6 clicks (94)
you know that you're
at -6dB.

While running the tests I even found a VC related driver issue on the
Allo Katana DAC.
It took me a while to get them looking into it. Now it's fixed. Now also
the Katana
does 1dB/click. :)

I also issued trouble-tickets on LMS. I mentioned the issues (ambigous
and swapped values on LMS VC)
related to the squeezelite volumecurve.
It's been a while. I pretty much doubt that anybody will ever look into
it.
I did also figure out the VC algorithm/curve is hardcoded on LMS.
While looking into it all that I realized the probably the best way to
cope with such an issue would be to think
about a squeezellite-player-api on LMS in the future. squeezelite is
probably the most used agent on LMS nowadays.
And it'll remain that way for a while. Things like e.g. volume curve
algorithm could then easily moved to squeezelite.
Though I doubt that something like that will ever happen either.

Anyhow. I just wanted to let you know.

Enjoy squeezelite.

:::'  my audioblog  - latest series: RaspBerry PI - \"The Audio Engine\"
' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com):::