rgdawson wrote:
> ralphy,
>
> I understand that Squeezelite-win versions support decoders as follows
> from the readme.txt file:
>
> squeezelite-1.9.5+zip - Includes opus, ogg/flac and apple reference alac
> decoder, no wma decode support.
> squeezelite-1.9.4*zip - Includes opus and apple reference alac decoder,
> no wma decode support.
> squeezelite-1.9.3*zip - Includes opus and ffmpeg alac and wma decoders.
>
> Anyway, I have been including whatever I thought was the latest version
> of squeezelite-win with Squeezelite-X without thinking about decoder
> support.  I never noticed until recently that unless Logitech Media
> Server is running on Windows, that I can't play WMA files.  Never
> noticed because my server runs Windows.  But my two R-Pi's don't and I
> can't play WMA's on those. (Which now makes sense).  I attempted to
> install the WMA plugin.  I also attempted to install mplayer because the
> plugin said I needed to.  But it still does not play WMA files. OK.
>
> Since Squeezelite-X is a Windows app afterall,it should have WMA
> support.  I guess I should just include squeezelite-win 1.9.3-1178,
> right?  Is the idea that you apply relevant fixes/updates to 1.9.3 along
> with the rest or is 1.9.3 sort of a dead version?
>
> R Greg Dawson

Newer versions of the ffmpeg library used for wma decoding do not build
using Visual Studio 2008 on my xp build VM.  That and the fact ffmpeg is
constantly deprecating API functions I decided to pull support for wma.
When I attempted to  move to a newer version of windows and VS you could
no longer use the squeezelite-win binary without installing the VC
redist, which was an issue for Squeezelite-X.  For now, I've updated
squeezelite-1.9.6-1196-win32.zip to include squeezelite-ffmpeg that you
can rename to squeezelite-win for SLX.  Note that wma lossless is still
broken and disabled as previously discussed. I do not plan to fix it
unless someone provides a pull request.

'Enabling wma server side decoding in LMS for picoreplayer.'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?105997-Announce-piCorePlayer-3-00&p=907486&viewfull=1#post907486)
I've attached the custom-convert.conf I use with ffmpeg for decoding all
wma formats.

|Filename: custom-convert.conf.txt                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28274|

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.