bernid wrote:
> Thanks PasTim,
> I tried your way but still have 'output_init_alsa' warnings on my
> system:
> Ubuntu server 19.10 +newest LMS+ Local Player Plugin (v.1.6.5)+
> squeezelite-x86-64 (v.1.9.5-1193).
> I can hear the sound but I don't know if it could be better if alsa fifo
> and memory allocation would work properly.
I've found one other tweak.  I added this to the startup file, just
before each 'start-stop-daemon...'

  ulimit -l unlimited
  ulimit -r 50

--------------------

My notes (from some time ago, long forgotten) say:

"Now, because it runs as a daemon, it doesn’t use pam.d limits.  But it
can have a ‘ulimit’ set in the logitechmediaserver start-up, which it
inherits.  So I’ve done that (ulimit -l unlimited).  That allows it to
lock memory.  To get it to set rt priority I had to change the start of
that script from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash.  Then ulimit -r 50 works!
Now get no warnings on local player"

I hope this now works for you!

LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.