Whow , 7 years of squeezelite !  and most documentation in one thread.
So please forgive me not to have done a full thread read, but to ask the
question here and hope to get some answers and pointers from those who
know already.

For a personal project I would like to build a car stationed PCP
instance, with an LMS and local storage all in one pi.
However to reduce storage I would like to re-code my lossless home based
storage to a ogg-vorbis on-the-read variant.
And since I still have problems at home playing ogg-vorbis files, I need
to know what the player does support.
And if there ar known limitations, what I can do to circumvent the known
issues. Call it a feasibility check.

My needs are stereo ( joint stereo ) , 128 - 192 Kbit/s preferrably
variable compressed rates and vorbit comment to hold the regular
track/artist and cover picture. 44.1 kHz-2ch-16bit max output is fine
too, as I do not want to do highres audio in my car.

So is ogg-vorbis natively supported in squeezelite ?
Can LMS pass the files/streams without on-the-fly re-coding ?
What windows and linux based tools and settings should I use to re-code
to issue free files ?

T.I.A. M-H

Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card,
Pi Zero with Phat-beat ,  and a few other tests...