I hadn't turned off my rPi 3B+ for so long I've forgotten the behavior.
I *thought* that when I went into the piCorePlayer web GUI and selected
"Shutdown piCorePlayer" it would actually turn off power to my rPi
itself.  But in doing that today, I do (1) lose web access to
piCoreplayer and LMS and (2) the light next to the ethernet connection
is off (i.e., not talking to the network), BUT the red power button on
the rPi and the green light on the DigiPro Hat remain lit (i.e., ON).

Am i remembering wrong (that is, I'm wrong and these lights are supposed
to stay ON as long as unit plugged in and only go off if I then unplug
the rPi)

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify