Hi,

I've just installed piCorePlayer v5.0.0 on an rpi0w, and I thought I'd
try out a Bluetooth connection while I wait for the DAC to arrive. I
know it's experimental, and beta, and that's completely understood.
However, when I try to scan for devices, it simply shows the line "[
INFO ] Scanning for Bluetooth Devices, make sure device is in pair
mode..." and doesn't actually show any scan results. The "pair"
dropdown-list remains empty too.

I took a look, and I /think/ this is because the WebUI relies on the
utility "bluetoothctl" (called from /usr/local/bin/pcp-bt-functions),
which in turn relies on libreadline.so.8. I don't think this is
installed, or similar, because when I try to run "bluetoothctl" manually
from an ssh session I get: "bluetoothctl: error while loading shared
libraries: libreadline.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory". I did try installing the readline package from the
repo (which took some reading about TCB's packaging!) but it says it was
already installed.

I know the bluetooth hardware is working, because I can use "hcitool
scan" and see the speakers I'm trying to pair with.

Does this make any kind of sense? Can I add the device manually,
bypassing bluetoothctl?

(great project anyway; sadly a couple of my squeezeboxes died so I'm
building their replacements)