kidstypike wrote:
> You need pCP 6.0.0-B7 image for a Pi4.
>
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110727-BETA-piCorePlayer6-0-0-PI4-support

All working fine now, thanks!  Doddle to set up as before, and I will
have to change my sig.  My other piCorePlayers have been just players
linked to my NAS.  This one has LMS installed as well which is a
revelation compared to my Synology. I have two mirrored music libraries
which I keep on the NAS, one in FLAC the other MP3 (mainly for my
phone).  The latter takes up 80GB so have copied it onto a 128GB micro
sized memory stick plugged into one of the USB sockets on the RPi. It
took less than 2 minutes to scan 12,000 files!  It also starts up in a
couple of seconds.  I think I will move my music library from the NAS to
a portable SSD plugged into one of my piCorePlayers.

Much chuffed! My 17 year old son has now come back to my SB system
having abandoned it some years back to use a bluetooth speaker and his
phone.  He has had two big noisy parties recently, one for his birthday
and one for NYE. He was very impressed that he was able to sync the
music in three rooms in the house from his phone using the Orange
Squeeze app and the Spotty plugin. All without spending thousands on
Sonos kit.

He wanted one for his bedroom, so the idea was to build this one for
him.  Think I might keep this one as a portable player instead.  He has
inherited the "geek" gene, so I will give him the bits and let him build
his own.  Knowing him he will make a proper case, include an amp, touch
screen etc.

Thanks to all the volunteers out there who make this possible. My SB
setup is over 11 years old now and just as impressive as it was the day
I got it. How much other tech can you say that about?

Matt
*SqueezeBoxes:* A *'piCorePlayer'
(https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home)* with two Duets, one
no longer in active service.
*Server:* Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
*Network:* TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
*Livingroom:* Duet, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2
speakers
*Kitchen:* piCorePlayer, Tibo powered speakers.