TheLastMan wrote:
> All working fine now, thanks!  Doddle to set up as before, and I will
> have to change my sig.  My other piCorePlayers have been just players
> linked to my NAS.  This one has LMS installed as well which is a
> revelation compared to my Synology. I have two mirrored music libraries
> which I keep on the NAS, one in FLAC the other MP3 (mainly for my
> phone).  The latter takes up 80GB so have copied it onto a 128GB micro
> sized memory stick plugged into one of the USB sockets on the RPi. It
> took less than 2 minutes to scan 12,000 files!  It also starts up in a
> couple of seconds.  I think I will move my music library from the NAS to
> a portable SSD plugged into one of my piCorePlayers.
>
> Much chuffed! My 17 year old son has now come back to my SB system
> having abandoned it some years back to use a bluetooth speaker and his
> phone.  He has had two big noisy parties recently, one for his birthday
> and one for NYE. He was very impressed that he was able to sync the
> music in three rooms in the house from his phone using the Orange
> Squeeze app and the Spotty plugin. All without spending thousands on
> Sonos kit.
>
> He wanted one for his bedroom, so the idea was to build this one for
> him.  Think I might keep this one as a portable player instead.  He has
> inherited the "geek" gene, so I will give him the bits and let him build
> his own.  Knowing him he will make a proper case, include an amp, touch
> screen etc.
>
> Thanks to all the volunteers out there who make this possible. My SB
> setup is over 11 years old now and just as impressive as it was the day
> I got it. How much other tech can you say that about?

Good to hear :cool:

*Server - LMS 7.9.2 *Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Squeezebox Boom
*Garage* - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi