carsten_h wrote:
> Hmm. A possibility. I am using the original Pi USB-C power adapter.
> Can I see that there is a power issue without a screen? On the Pi 3 I
> have a 7" display attached but I want to run the Pi 4 headless.

I had a true 5 amp power supply at 5.1 volt connected through a sturdy
adapter to the USB-c , and still issues with the usb disks !
And I had to revert to a powered hub. That stabilised the HD power and
thus USB connection, but also degraded it to usb2.
Waiting for a powered USB3 hub now.

In other instances my SHORT Dupont wires connected to the GPIO pins had
to much resistance, and I lost 0,23 volts on that without realising it
in time.

Power shortages or brown-outs can be seen with the HDMI screen
connected, as a lightning bold in the top right ( or find a red
thermometer )
I now regularly measure the voltage from the USB ports with a
multimeter, as I created the right adapter cable.

M-H

Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card,
Pi Zero with Phat-beat ,  and a few other tests...